In this tutorial, you’ll learn the basics of WordPress SEO and how to use its built-in features in combination with the Yoast SEO plugin.
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) which was commonly used as a blogging platform. But it has developed into much more than that.
It is now used by millions to create all sorts of websites from ecommerce websites to business websites and more.
WordPress SEO is no different than just regular search engine optimization. WordPress is a tool that makes traditional SEO techniques and strategies easier to implement and technically sound.
In this tutorial you’ll learn:
- How to choose a WordPress theme without compromising technical SEO.
- Whether you should choose HTTP or HTTPS as well as www vs. non-www versions.
- The “optimal” permalink structure and how to set it up.
- Basic plugin configuration for Yoast SEO.
- The difference between posts and pages.
- What the title and custom URL features mean from an SEO perspective.
- On-page optimization best practices with the WYSIWYG editor
- On-post/page Yoast SEO settings.
- Using pages to manipulate your URL structure.
This is the first video in a two-part series. The next video will cover advanced SEO techniques using WordPress. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du-NB9FqVis&index=2&list=PLvJ_dXFSpd2sVgHHmbCMaoJPhepJeJjNl
Best On-Page SEO Techniques ► https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWiNz-7gZ24&list=PLvJ_dXFSpd2s-OV4MiYXV8yhUjKYtW_bm&index=3
On-Page SEO Study ► https://ahrefs.com/blog/on-page-seo/
1:15 How to select a WordPress theme and domain versions
2:55 Set up the “optimal” permalinks structure
4:43 How to create a post and formate it with the WYSIWYG editor
7:36 Set up the on-post/page Yoast SEO settings.
8:44 Use pages to manipulate your URL structure.
Be sure to subscribe for more actionable marketing and SEO tutorials.
Ahrefs ► https://ahrefs.com/
YouTube ► https://www.youtube.com/AhrefsCom?sub_confirmation=1
Twitter ►https://twitter.com/ahrefs .