As we all know, community managers have become a key player in the dissemination of quality content on social platforms. They are in charge of the digital reputation of companies, public figures, etc. They have a great responsibility to connect and empathize with the public, so it is advisable to have a good filter to choose the ideal person.
Lately a lot has been said about the famous “sobrinity manager”, who refers to the owner’s nephew, a recommended close to the boss who because of his “skill” in social networks or because he only has a smartphone is the “indicated one” to take care of the RRSS .
In this post we will tell you the important cities that every community manager must have in order to assume the great responsibility of successfully taking the reins of your digital image to your target audience.
What is a community Manager – their qualities
1. Communicative: You must not only receive the information but also retransmit it in the correct way. Many of the situations that become important issues in RRSS arise from one moment to another and the person in charge of monitoring the RRSS must be attentive to these situations in real time to be able to react.
2. Passionate: It is important that the person you choose has a lot of enthusiasm for what they do. A person passionate about his work fulfills objectives and will always be responsible.
3. Curious: Certifications, studies and preparation are very important but must be accompanied by curiosity and a great desire to learn. Curiosity and the desire to investigate will always make you reach more.
4. Researcher: It is important that all the information used in RRSS is previously reviewed, analyzed and verified to verify its authenticity and avoid errors.
5. Creative: A true community manager has an enviable imagination, and must have the potential to exploit his ideas and communicate them correctly to the public.
6. Analytical: Creativity and fluency is important for RRSS but it must be accompanied by a clear analysis to avoid future problems.
7. Proactive: A community manager is one who does not wait for orders, knows his job and always has alternatives and options so as not to fall into monotony.
8. Flexible: Finally, it is important that there is flexibility and trust between both parties, both the company and the community manager must have empathy to be able to solve problems and accept changes.
I hope I have been able to let you know a little better what a community manager is, as well as what their skills and abilities are. Good luck in the search!
What does a community manager do in digital marketing?
These concepts can be confusing when talking about a social media manager and other roles within the Marketing department. Either way, in this blog we will show you the functions of a community manager with digital functions.
Imagine being in the middle of a football stadium with all the seats full. You are right in the middle of the court with a loudspeaker, and your job is to communicate with every person in the room. This analogy represents the work of a community manager and digital marketing within a company. A bit overwhelming, don’t you think?
Within the industry there is the notion that a community manager and digital marketing are 100% aimed at creating social ads, but it is important to note that although this may be one of their functions, it is not the main one. A community manager is dedicated to creating connections between the company and its community. His main function is to create value for people who are interested in issues close to the functions of the organization for which he works.
Additionally, we suggest you not leave your personality at home, be nice, be a person. When you are managing the social accounts of a very entrepreneurial brand, or that only sells corporate products, it would seem that it is difficult to express your uniqueness, but the industry has begun to change its B2B (Business to Business) marketing tactics to repackage those of the B2C ( Business to Consumer). In other words, when before trying to sell a product based solely on its physical characteristics, now it is trying to sell the image of the brand. Such is the example of Volvo, which with an iconic commercial demonstrated the stability of its trucks. Clearly, a product that only other companies bought and by the way, the commercial was the winner of several international awards.
The previous point refers to one of the most important tasks of a community manager, creating conversations. That is why it is important that you use your personality and align it with the culture of your company; By doing it this way, you will be able to add an intangible value to your communications and thus achieve a higher share rate.
Finally, one of the points that I want to mention to you about community managers and digital marketing is the monitoring of information shared on social networks. You would be surprised, but many “Community managers” do not review the mentions of their brand, they do not keep track of significant interactions with their customers, and therefore they do not quantify their efforts … That is, they cannot measure their ROI.
We have a system where we quantify our interactions in MRM (Meaningful Relationship Moments) or “Significant Relationship Moments”. These interactions are stored in a database where we follow up after a while to see our results and add more value to our users.
And to all this, what is an MRM? We define it as the instance where one of our tweets or posts changed a user’s attitude in favor of Hootsuite. A very good example is a user who told us that we only remember the birthdays of famous people. In this instance, our community manager scheduled a congratulatory message three months in advance to celebrate this person. When the 3 months passed, our user was so happy that in addition to sharing our publication, he went from being a free plan user to a pro plan.
To conclude, I just want to recap what we have seen, the community managers are: communicators, the first layer of customer service, drivers of our content marketing plan on social networks, brand watchers, advertisers, and a couple of other functions . In addition, we learned that the community manager and digital marketing are essential to create digital distribution channels.
Photo courtesy of shutterstock