If you still don’t understand that video content is the hottest thing right now, as soon as you see Instagram TV, you will get it.
There is no known limit for the application of one billion users. Or at least that’s what must be on Instagram’s mind, as it just released a feature that allows vertical video content creation. Which makes it a direct competitor of the Discover feature on YouTube and Snapchat. But with the difference that YouTube does not focus on the vertical format. An aspect that breaks with all the rules of the game imposed by this huge video portal for the moment.
This may be a key part of Instagram TV and the reason it is growing right now. What is true is that the brand decided to create this application taking advantage of the video format to celebrate its billion users.
One very obvious thing is that the way the world consumes media has changed. IGTV is clear proof of this. So much so that according to Instagram
While YouTube hasn’t adapted its platform for vertical videos, Instagram TV has the obvious advantage of playing content in full screen without requiring the user to rotate their phone. An interesting but risky method to overcome these huge obstacles originally placed by YouTube. But Instagram has heard from its users.
In addition, IGTV stands out for its simplicity. As expressed by Instagram in its official notice, this function will activate when you open it. This means that the user will not have to search for this option to start enjoying their content.
But what exactly is Instagram TV?
But, consider that unlike the usual videos and stories, IGTV allows you to download long videos, up to 1 hour. With the premise that these contents will not disappear in 24 hours. But at the moment, you can only download videos from 15 seconds to 10 minutes.
Second, the videos will open in full screen and vertical format. Something quite convenient for the user. And as you know, the easier something is for the user to do, the better engagement you will get from them.
And finally, the way the content is read is very important. Unlike YouTube, where the platform needs very specific search to get the right content, IGTV plays the moment you open the tool. It means it’s like turning on your TV. But that doesn’t mean you can’t search for things on IGTV.
It also has a “low demand” option. This option plays a video at the exact same time you stopped watching it the last time. Similar to platforms like Netflix.
In order for you to better understand what Instagram TV stands for, think of this feature as an app for Instagram, what Facebook Messenger is for Facebook. Even though they are two different and separate apps that can work individually, together they form a complete package.
Consider that every IGTV channel is linked to a real Instagram account. This means that all of your subscribers will have the same ability to read the content you download.
What you need to know about IGTV as a brand
- Videos are played in full screen and in vertical format.
- Videos should be between 15 seconds and 10 minutes long. At this time, the one-hour video upload option is only available for verified large accounts.
- Users can learn more about Instagram TV through the app or by downloading the IGTV app.
- The content is played automatically as soon as you open the IGTV app.
- If you’ve created content, you can include an interactive “swipe up” appeal on the same video.
- In the IGTV app, users can scroll through the following tabs:
- “For me”
- “Keep watching”.
- As the engagement progresses, users can like, comment, or share the content through Direct.
- The “content creators” have their own channel. This means that if you upload a video you will need to open a channel, similar to YouTube.
- The video can be uploaded to the IGTV app or through the website.
- Besides, it can also be downloaded from Facebook Watch.
- The maximum document size is 3.6 GB.
- Document type: MP4
- Video size: 9:16.
- The thumbnail or cover: .JPG.
How to create an account and download a video?
Now that you know what Instagram TV is, all you have to do is start working with it.
First of all, you need to create an account. The good news is that the app made this process pretty straightforward. So you will be done in a few clicks.
- Download the IGTV app from app store.
- Log in with your Instagram account.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner, then click “create channel”.
Now that you know what Instagram TV is and also have an active account, so it’s time to upload your first video:
- Click on the avatar to open your account page.
- Select a vertical video from your photo gallery.
- Add a title and description. Don’t forget your keywords.
- Link your video to a landing page. Think about all the options you have. You can link your video to your website, gallery, or even an online store.
- Create a thumbnail for your video to make it look clean and organized.
- Click on the publish button and it will be downloaded.
The best examples of IGTV
Here are some of the best channels you can enjoy right now on IGTV:
1.- National Geographic
National Geographic’s Instagram profile is well known for its live videos, high quality posts, and now video content on IGTV.
For the IGTV launch, the brand shared the first episode of “One Strange Rock,” a TV show produced by Darrent Aranofsky and narrated by Will Smith for Natgeo TV. It is 47 minutes long and includes interviews with astronauts, including Peggy Wilson and Chris Hadfield, and their perspectives of Earth.
2.- Petra Collins
The Canadian photographer and cameraman has used Instagram TV to spread rumors about the new short starring Selena Gomez. The 30-second trailers included footage with nightmarish scenes, for example, one with Selena Gomez sucking on an eyeball. The short film will debut on IGTV very soon.
3.- Zooey in the city
The young and popular influencer uses Instagram TV to launch “The Zooey Show,” a channel similar to other YouTube influencer channels.
The episodes have a mix of AQ and “behind the scenes” material, each lasting a few minutes. Besides the title, the content is not that different from its original Instagram story content.
In the first episode, she answers three common questions she asks herself from her fans, such as: why she always wears undertones in all of her images. This way she looks very active on social media, answers common questions, and generally interacts with her audience.
4.- Pelayo Díaz
As you can imagine, Instagram TV is a powerful weapon for influencers. In fact, people who didn’t start a YouTube channel back then now have a similar, simpler, and more comfortable alternative. This is another key element for Instagram TV, how and who will benefit from this Instagram feature.
Ultimately, you don’t need a lot to make a video. You don’t need special editing software to create great content unless it’s a long-lasting video and you need editing to create more engagement. However, as you can see from the example, you can use them as little tags to engage the audience. Create bonds, familiarity, etc.
Would you like to create your own IGTV channel? With Antevenio, it’s pretty straightforward. Thanks to authentic content published by influencers:
- We identify the influencers who best suit your needs and your brand.
- We help you define a briefing that will attract influencers and your audience.
- We amplify the impact of your actions with influencing marketing, improving impact with more mentions and links to your brand and content.
- Direct relationship with thousands of influencers.
- We own and also operate a platform comprising 10,000 bloggers / influencers from all over the world.
What are you waiting for to find the potential of influencing marketing?