It is becoming more and more common for companies and brands to advertise on search engine platforms such as Microsoft Advertising. This is probably because it is a more efficient and faster way to reach that target audience they want so much.
Many brands choose Google
You may already know about advertising on platforms like Google, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube, since they are the most used today. However, you can also try Microsoft Advertising, which works with the popular search engine Bing.
Everything you need to know about Microsoft Advertising
What was once known as Bing Ads now called Microsoft Advertising. It is a PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising platform from Microsoft’s search engine and partner sites like Bing.
If you work with this platform, you will be able to see that your ad appears at the top or to the right of the search engine. In addition, it will also be displayed on Yahoo and MSN Search, which is beneficial for get more publicity for the ad and reach a wider audience.
Advertising in this way works in much the same way as Google Ads. Companies interested in promoting themselves create their ads on the platform. Later, They choose the keywords that allow them to position it, as well as the target, days / hours and demographics. This segmentation is ideal for reaching your target audience.
More details to consider
As it is a tool PPC, the advertiser is responsible for placing a bid based on how much you are willing to pay for each click on your ad. But how exactly does Bing work? Run a kind of auction to set the ads to be displayed.
During the search, this platform executes its own assessment, taking into consideration certain aspects to show users the various ads. Some of the factors that you should keep in mind are:
- How relevant is your ad and website to search terms.
- How your bid compares to others in the auction.
- How well your ad performed in the past and how many clicks it received, which translates into CPC.
Benefits you get with Microsoft Advertising
Now that you know this platform better, what it is and how it works, you also need to know how it can benefit you. So if you are still not totally convinced about using it, maybe the positive aspects can help you make a decision:
- You can reach another segment of the market, remember that not all users are on Google. Opting for a single platform causes you to miss the opportunity to reach another audience, like the one found on Bing, for example. In this search engine 13.9 billion monthly searches are carried out worldwide.
- The competition is less than in other search engines, this may be due to ignorance of this platform. There are really few companies that give you a vote of confidence, therefore, there is less ad saturation. This way you can more effectively reach users who belong to your target audience who are on Bing.
- It gives you the possibility to import your Google Ads campaigns, making your work much easier. If you have active campaigns on Google, you can use it on this platform without having to start from scratch. This translates into time savings, since you will no longer need to optimize them again.
- The average cost per click in Microsoft Advertising it is lower, because it is handled by auction. With fewer advertisers bidding on certain keywords, the average pay per click is lower.
- Your budget is not at risk, because on this platform it is not necessary that you have a minimum payment. You only have to pay for the clicks and in this way you can set a budget per day.
Steps to advertise in Microsoft Advertising
It’s important that you know every step you need to take in order to effectively promote yourself in Microsoft Advertising. The idea is that you can have all the necessary guidelines to be able to create your campaigns through the platform provided by the Bing search engine:
1.- Create your account
In case you don’t have it yet, the first thing you should do is create a Microsoft Advertising account. You will only have to go to the official page of the platform and register with an email that is Hotmail or Outlook. If you don’t have one, you just have to go to the create email option and follow the steps indicated.
But, what information do you request to create an account? From the most basic to the most segmented, such as:
- Legal name of your business.
- Name and surname.
- Phone number.
- Location (country), currency, time zone.
- Types of use: promoting a business, promoting services of another business or advertising agency. Here you can request to be called or go to a live chat.
2.- Make or import your campaign
The second step in this promotion process on Bing is to create or import your campaign. You already know that you can take advantage of your Google Ads campaigns, since this platform gives you the opportunity to import them. This is very beneficial for you if you don’t want to start from scratch, as it will save a lot of time.
Now, if you decide to create a campaign from scratch, you will have to cover certain aspects:
- You have to give a name to the Bell.
- Select a location. In this case you can add or remove countries, regions, and postal codes.
- Define the language. Keep in mind that it must be in accordance with the websites to which you are going to link.
- Add the notice and keywords.
- Decide on the budget. You have to set the maximum cost you want to pay per click and the campaign budget per day. In short, you must define how much you are going to invest.
3.- Set the keywords
One of the similarities that Microsoft Advertising has with Google Ads is in the definition of keywords. This advertising platform offers three options to do it, one of them is to get suggestions according to your website. You just have to place the URL and will support you in your search.
Also, you can get suggestions from another URL or some important phrase that relates to your services or products. But, if you prefer, you can also do it manually or opt for SEO tools, such as planners. keywords.
Note that the keywords you add must be separated by commas, which are matched by broad match. In case of doubts when carrying out the configuration, you can consult the help section offered by Microsoft.
4.- Create your ad
When you’ve set up your ad campaign on Bing, the next step is to create the ad. If you got this far, it is because you have already identified the main keyword. At this point it is recommended that you include it in the title of the notice. Consider that this should also have a call to action.
In the next step you have to select the type of ad. It is good that you have different types for campaigns in a single group. So you can combine and see which ones work best. You have 3 ad options for your campaigns: Responsive search notice, expanded text and app installation notice.
It is essential that you put the final URL, which should lead to your landing page. Note that in Microsoft Advertising you can create up to 15 headings of up to 30 characters. Bing will select three, which will be divided by a vertical bar.
Then you must add the Path, the web address that you see in your ad. In this way, you can give users a clearer view of where they are going when they click on your ad. Finally, you must create a description, which is the text that appears after the Path. It accepts up to 4 descriptions of 90 characters, but the platform will choose two.
5.- Determine the budget
The best thing about working with Microsoft Advertising is that you have the ability to adjust your budget, if you wish. This is because sometimes you may find that what you were planning to invest was not will give you the desired reach or it may affect the performance of your campaign.
If you want to spend less, it is recommended that you lower your maximum bid, but keep in mind that this can reduce clicks. However, It can also help you increase your quality score and your ads will perform better. It will be of great help to you to gain a better position with a low bid and, in turn, you can lower your PPC.
With these practical steps you can start advertising on this platform. But if you want extra help, in Antevenio we offer you our SEM performance service. Through which you will attract more customers and increase your business network through your search engine campaigns.
The post Microsoft Advertising: How to Advertise on Bing Step by Step appeared first on Antevenio.