Streamlined digital tools are the key to a successful and effective COVID-19 vaccination program. In an age when people are still concerned about social distancing, pharmacies need tools to help them manage incoming requests while ensuring their safety and that of their patients.
Use of the pharmacist’s digital tools to manage vaccine requests
We want to give your pharmacy the ability to respond effectively to calls, messages, and COVID-19 immunization requests so your team can focus on their work. Digital Pharmacist offers three available and upcoming digital tools that can keep your pharmacy on track and help you prepare for the launch of your COVID-19 vaccination program.
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
If you handle a lot of incoming calls, a interactive voice response (IVR) system is an efficient way to manage call volume and automate manual tasks. Help your staff filter COVID-19-related requests so they can take care of other prescription and non-prescription cases without being overwhelmed.
By setting up an IVR, you will be able to:
- Spend less time on the phone. Focus on individual interactions, rather than answering questions about basic business information. IVR makes it easy to pass patient requests and transfer calls so you can reduce interruptions to your day.
- Automate manual tasks. The IVR allows you to pre-register important information, limiting staff support. Set up an automated message telling patients if you are currently offering the vaccine and how to make an appointment.
- Provide quality patient care. Take care of your other patients while dealing with an influx of vaccine requests through IVR self-service. If they have specific questions or concerns, your patients can always choose to speak to a staff member or pharmacist at any time.
Branded health site and waiting list
Another way to reduce the number of requests your staff have to process manually is to have a website to refer patients to. Digital pharmacist branded health sites are created specifically for pharmacies and now include waiting lists for COVID-19 vaccination.
Our waiting lists include:
- COVID vaccination acceptance form. This website form creates a database of patients interested in scheduling a vaccination appointment, so you know when to contact them. Directing patients to the form on your website will help your staff streamline the process and manage their workload. Many of our clients have started including waitlist instructions in IVR greetings to reduce patient requests.
- Automatic patient qualification. When a patient registers, they are automatically qualified and sorted into the appropriate immunization phase based on CDC guidelines. This allows your staff to quickly and efficiently create communication and planning processes for each phase without having to go through the data.
- Downloadable waiting lists for easy awareness. Display the number of patients in each phase group and download each waitlist in CSV format for immediate use. Whether in our secure mass messaging platform or in your own process, you will always have the information at your fingertips.
Vaccination schedule (available April 2021)
By April 2021, our Patient engagement platform provide an immunization planner to help with appointment scheduling and outreach. Your team will be able to manage immunization waiting lists, appointments, reminders and contactless registration in one place. These new features simplify communication with the patient so that you can start administering the vaccine as soon as your pharmacy receives its first dose.
Vaccination Scheduler features include:
- HIPAA Compliance. The patient engagement platform is encrypted so you can be sure your patient information is safe and avoid unintentional breaches by securing Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Customizable calendar. Configure your clinical appointment calendars based on the availability of your pharmacy. You can customize the date ranges, the duration of the appointments and the maximum number of appointments. You will also be able to track upcoming appointments, cancellations and missed appointments.
- Grouped and targeted messaging. Send patients a secure message through our platform when you are ready to start making appointments. You can select who will receive an SMS based on your waiting list or download a list manually. Messages will be sent until all eligible contacts receive a text message or your meeting slots are booked.
- Automated appointment reminders. To help you streamline the immunization process, our workflow will send patients an automated message reminding them of their appointment. Use our pre-filled templates or customize your own to personalize messages such as appointment confirmations, reminders, registrations and vaccine availability.
- Contactless check-in. On the day of their appointment, patients will be able to check in directly from their phones to help you and your staff stay on track. You will also be able to see what time each patient shows up for their appointment.
To learn more and receive updates on the launch of our Vaccination Scheduler, contact us by fill out our notification form.