Facebook and Twitter are the largest social media networks used by millions of people for information, entertainment, and socializing. Also for companies and public figures, these two social networks are essential avenues where they can easily connect with their audience and their customers.
Now, what if we had the option of blending these two great social media platforms into one? Like allowing your Facebook fans to also know your tweets without leaving Facebook.
Well, Woobox is a tool with which you can add a Twitter tab to your Facebook page for free. Let’s see what Woobox is and how to use it to add a Twitter tab to your Facebook page.
80 Twitter tools for almost everything
Twitter is chaos, but in the midst of this beautiful mess, there’s a ton of data that if … Read more
Woobox, in a word…
Woobox is a social promotion tool which can help you set up Facebook, Twitter or other social media tabs on your various social media pages. You can also use it to run surveys and contests, and market your social media pages.
The steps below will show you how to use Woobox to create a custom Twitter tab on Facebook. Fast and easy.
- First, register on Woobox website via email or Facebook Account. If you choose to log in through Facebook, you will be redirected to Facebook and you will see this dialog:
- Click on Continue like … and you will be asked to connect an Instagram business account – for some reason this is a required step, so go for it. Choose one and click Next.
- Now you will be asked to connect your Facebook page.
- You will be asked to set the permissions. I highly recommend leaving it as is with the default options and clicking Ended.
- That much, Woobox will link your accounts and after a few seconds you will be redirected to the Woobox dashboard.
- Now click on Facebook tabs and from there select Twitter tab among other social media tabs.
- Once you have clicked on the Connect to Twitter, you will have the possibility to display all your tweets, or specific tweets with keywords that you define. You can also hide replies to tweets beginning with @.
- After clicking Connect to Twitter, you will see different options for connecting social media accounts. Here just click Twitter and a pop-up screen will appear asking you to set up your Twitter account.
- Once you confirm this, a pop-up will ask you to allow Woobox to access some of your data and other permissions. Click on Authorize the app and you will be redirected to the previous page telling you that the connection was successful.
- Now open your Facebook page in another tab and just below your cover photo you will see a few options. Click on Following and you will see a drop down menu with Edit tabs at the bottom.
- Click on Edit tabs and you will end up on the Templates and tabs dashboard for your Facebook page. Here you will need to click on the Twitter option and drag it up, just below Home for more visibility.
- Now go back to your fan page and click on twitter on the main menu. You will be taken to another page asking you to configure your tab. Do it by clicking Click here to configure your tab.
- Once you click on it, you will be asked to To continue. Just click on the blue button. In my case, I had configured it beforehand so it says that I have already linked it. In your case, since this will be the first time you link it, it should say something different, but the process is still the same.
- After clicking Continue like …, you will be redirected to your Woobox account. You will notice that your Twitter username is already attached. Just play in the settings and click on Save settings.
It is more or less that! You can now check your new Twitter tab on your Facebook page.
The best thing about it is it’s totally free, but you can get more options and support if you upgrade to their paid account. But for now, if it works, it works. Now your Facebook fans (who are also Twitter users) can be notified of your Twitter events without even leaving Facebook.