Essential WordPress plugins
1) Integration of Google Analytics
You already know that in the world of digital marketing, what cannot be measured does not exist. Knowing what is going on on your website is absolutely essential, which is why the first step in setting up your WordPress should always be integrate it with Google analytics to be able to see complete data about the activity on your website.
There are several different options for integrate Google Analytics with WordPress. You can use Google Tag Manager, add the code manually, or integrate it using a plugin like MonsterInsights, Google Analytics WD, or Analytify.
2) Yoast SEO
To optimize your WordPress for search engines, you need a WordPress plugin specialized in SEO. There are many options on the market, but our favorite is Yoast SEO.
This plugin has a lot of functions to optimize your website, from automatic technical enhancements (canonical URLs and metatags), to integration with schema.org to get rich results, to title templates and meta description to control the way your web site is displayed in search engines. The premium version also has email support and specific extensions for SEO for news, video, local SEO and SEO for Woocommerce.
3) WP Rocket
The loading speed of a website is essential for both user experience and search engine optimization. WP rocket is a plugin that helps you to run your WordPress website smoothly as it has several optimization features to minimize loading times. In addition, unlike other plugins in its category, it is quite easy to configure.
Websites are always exposed to cyber attacks by hackers and bots, so it is necessary to protect your site with a WordPress web security plugin What Juice.
Sucuri includes many useful features to protect your site, such as:
- IP “Whitelist” which prevents suspicious IPs from connecting to your website.
- Protection against DDoS attacks.
- Cloud-based firewall that filters traffic.
- Virtual patches that protect against security vulnerabilities.
- Malware detection and removal.
- Much more.
The last must-have WordPress plugin on this list deals with a very, very important topic: backup copies.
Imagine you’ve been posting several weekly posts to a WordPress blog for the past year and a problem is losing them forever … If you don’t want something like this to happen to you, you need a plugin like UpdraftPlus.
UpdraftPlus allows you to make backup copies of your files and data, send them to the cloud, send them by email or FTP and, if necessary, restore your entire website in one click.
Recommended WordPress plugins
Once you’ve set up the basic WordPress plugins, the sky is the limit. You have options for all tastes, so it’s a matter of seeing what features you want to add to your website and finding the most suitable plugins to implement them. Here we leave you some ideas organized by categories.
Social media plugins and broadcasting
In a digital marketing plan, we will normally have a strategy of broadcast on social networks. Therefore, we want them to be integrated into our site, both to display the content of our feed and to encourage visitors to follow us, and to allow them to easily share the content they are reading. Here are some options for including this functionality with a WordPress plugin:
- SumoMe: one of the most used plugins for adding social media buttons anywhere on your website. It’s easy to set up and has a fairly complete free version.
- Integrate Facebook: As its name suggests, this plugin allows you to integrate your Facebook content (for example, videos) directly on your WordPress site. Another WordPress plugin with similar functionality is Magic Embeds.
- Instagram feed: to display our Instagram photo feed on the website.
- Ultimate Social Two: a WordPress plugin for adding social network buttons that stands out for its large number of configuration and display options.
Plugins for creating forms
Forms are an essential part of the landing page. This is something that cannot be left to chance, because this is where visitors turn into leads, and a poorly designed form can cause them to leave the page.
We will see two WordPress plugins specially designed for designing forms:
- Forms of gravity: very complete, with many options to create complex forms and adapt them to your liking.
- Contact Form Forminator, Survey & Quiz Builder– If you prefer a free option, Forminator is a good choice for creating and customizing your forms.
If you have an online store, we recommend that you take a look at these WordPress plugins:
- WooCommerce: the most popular option among WordPress users, because it is specially designed for this CRM.
- Shopify: This e-commerce platform is not a WordPress plugin as such, but a complete solution for your online store that includes all the options you need.
- Wholesale trade: this digital commerce platform has an integration plugin with WordPress which allows you to easily integrate your products on your website.
- Easy digital downloads: to sell downloadable digital products.
- Member Press– For digital stores that sell subscription products.
In addition to Yoast for SEO, here are other options to improve the positioning of your WordPress site and correct errors:
- madness: Automatically adjust the weight of your images, since search engines positively value that they weigh less than 75 kb.
- Eggplant 301 Redirects: to do 301 redirects and be able to delete a page or redirect users without losing positioning.
- WP 404 Automatic redirect to similar message– Avoid 404 errors by creating a 301 redirect to the page most similar to the one that fails.
Calendars and booking plugins
If you manage events from your website, like classes, shows or conferences, you need a WordPress plugin to help you organize everything and offer visitors the ability to book.
Our recommendation is Event Manager, with which you can create a list of events classified by categories and locations.
GDPR cookies and plugins policy
Maybe this kind of WordPress plugin did not occur to you, but it is necessary to have your website in order and comply with RGP and cookie notices.
There are many plugins to add specific functions to your website. Here are some examples :
- ARI Fancy Lightbox – WordPress Popup: to open content (images, videos, PDF files, external pages, etc.) in a floating window.
- Code snippets: to add code snippets to your text.
- Permanently allow mobile zoom: To zoom in and out using your fingers on mobile devices.
- Pop-up window maker: to create pop-ups with any content on your page.
- Expiration post– Add expiration dates to messages. After this date, we have several options, like deleting the page or moving it to another category.
- Position type selector– To change the post type of an article, for example by converting a blog post to a page or a product.
- Related Post Thumbnails Plugin for WordPress: to add related articles at the end of each article.
Plugins to improve performance
More options to improve page load times and user experience:
- WP-Sweep: this WordPress plugin cleans all the files that remain in the database over time and no longer serve us. Of course, remember to make a backup before using it!
- EWWW Image Optimizer: to optimize the size of the images and add the “lazy load” effect (the image is loaded only when it is visible).
Plugins to improve appearance
Finally, we are going to see some WordPress plugins designed to customize the look of our website:
- Child theme configurator– to make copies of WordPress theme templates and easily make your own modifications.
- Easy table of contents– Automatically index entries.
- Conditional widgets: to customize the sidebar with different widgets depending on the page visited by the user.
- Custom login page customizer: allows you to change the logo, background colors and font of the administration entry page.