So in this article we explain all the differences and advantages What’s in the Email Marketing Comparison and Marketing Automation. If you would like to know which of these two digital marketing techniques best matches the type of business you run, its nature and its objectives, we invite you to continue reading. Let’s go in parts.
What is email marketing?
Email marketing is a digital communication strategy that falls under the category of direct marketing. We can define this technique as massive sending of emails contacts or a previously created database.
It is one of the most used tools by many businesses because the value it can bring to your business can be very high. Email isn’t just essential for growing a business. Moreover, we venture to assert that today is impossible for a business to thrive without sending emails.
Therefore, the objectives of this technique are several: from attracting new customers, to strengthening ties with current customers or even interacting with contacts.
Benefits of email marketing
Email marketing can help you increase the authority of your business because if done properly it will go a long way in promoting yourself. In addition, it will improve your image because it will position you as an expert in your sector in the minds of your clients. But there is more.
Here are the benefits of an email marketing campaign:
- Conversion. A properly executed email marketing campaign can achieve very high conversion rates. For that you need design a suitable strategy in which the high value of the content or offers that you will communicate to your audience should be highlighted. Correct design of the sales funnel layout is also essential.
- Customization. This type of campaign, although by its nature is massive, allows establish a personalized communication in the countryside. The recipient, in this way, will receive an exclusive dedication which will increase the likelihood of final conversion.
- Immediacy. Receiving an email is virtually instantaneous. Therefore, through an email marketing campaign, you can communicate offers and promotions almost immediately.
- It keeps you in the minds of your customers. There are times when a customer stops being a customer just because they forget that you exist. But with a well-articulated email marketing campaign, through receiving emails, you will stay in your customer’s mind. and it will come to you whenever I need your services.
- Promote upselling. Maybe you are already loyal to one of your customers with a certain service, but thanks to sending a newsletter, you can show him the rest of your services thus promoting upselling.
4 email marketing tools
- SendinBlue. It is a tool that offers a free plan that allows sending emails to a unlimited number of contacts but with a limit of shipments. More precisely, 300 per day or 9,000 per month.
- Mailchimp. Perhaps Mailchimp to be the most popular email marketing tool. To have a free plan which allows the sending of 12.00 e-mails per month. The payment plan starts at $ 20 per month.
- Reference. This email marketing tool is characterized by for its simplicity and because of the attractiveness of his creations. It has a free plan, but the paid start at $ 13.99 per month.
- Mailjet. This tool aims to provide a comprehensive response to all digital marketing needs, including email marketing. Its main advantage is that in the plane it is possible to have a unlimited number of contacts.
What is Marketing Automation?
Although marketing automation initially emerged as an email marketing tool, today it is considered to be an independent technique.
Not so long ago, when designing large email marketing campaigns, there were a lot of things that had to be done manually. But with the development of new technologies, companies, when designing and planning their campaigns, are trying minimize human errors that can occur. And this is possible thanks to the automation of marketing.
Therefore, we can define this technique as the field of digital marketing which aims to the automation of repetitive processes and actions as part of a campaign’s strategy. Marketing automation is a technological platform that allows you to establish personalized communications to transform leads, streamline procedures related to the digital marketing campaign and measure its results.
An example of marketing automation is emails we receive to notify us of receipt after a send or after filling out a form.
Benefits of Marketing Automation
Digital marketing automation can bring many benefits to any type of business. Here we show you the most notable.
- Time reduction. With marketing automation, it is possible reduction of workflow times that a marketing campaign requires. This is possible thanks to process automation, which simplifies the process and the efficiency of shipments.
- Cost reduction. Marketing automation involves robotization that is not compatible with human work. In other words, no working time is necessary once the campaign is designed and automated. And that implies cost reduction which, for example, can be used for other purposes.
- Monitoring and measurement. One of the great advantages of marketing automation is that it allows all campaign actions in any of its phases to be controlled with great precision. In addition, it is possible to access data and statistics to be able to measure actions and make decisions to correct or strengthen campaign details deemed necessary.
- Audience segmentation. Thanks to the previously developed database, it is possible to segment shipments automatically based on different factors. Several of them can be the socio-demographic profile, the behavior when receiving mailings or other types of preferences. So, for example, it is possible to send a newsletter or certain type of content to customers who have a higher click-through rate or to adapt the content to each user.
4 marketing automation tools
- HubSpot. For many, this american company this is The most important in the field of marketing automation, because in addition to being the pioneer, it is a very powerful and comprehensive tool. The only downside is its high price.
- InfusionSoft. This is a very popular option among small and medium businesses, and widely used by bloggers. Its great advantage is thethe simplicity it offers to users when creating and running campaigns.
- Marketo. The main feature of this software is that it is designed by marketers and not by computer programmers. For this and for what it implies, it is one of the preferred options many users.
- Pardot. This tool only works for B2B companies, and which have between 10 and 500 employees.
Conclusions (advantages and disadvantages)
In the comparison of email marketing vs marketing automation there are pros and cons which must be carefully analyzed to bet on one of these techniques or the other. They both rely on email to either feed audiences for content or direct them to your website. And, although they are complementary, it will sometimes be necessary to bet on one of the two.
For example, in marketing automation can control all digital interactions that the potential customer may have with our company. Whereas, thanks to email marketing, it is only possible to control the actions of the recipients of the campaign.
So, if in your digital marketing strategy, you prioritize the follow-up of your potential customers, it suits you better bet on automation.
But sometimes this automation can feel robotic and therefore less personal. Therefore, it is advisable know how to use it effectively. For example, if your campaign does not require a personal approach, automation is recommended. In addition, for this automation to be effective, you must already have a lead generation cash. And, on the contrary, if in your campaign you need more proximity, you must bet on email marketing.
Another factor is time. If you don’t have it, automation may be a good solution for you. But if you have the time, email marketing may be a better option.
As you can see, there is no concrete answer to the most effective technique. in the email marketing vs. marketing automation. However, we hope that after reading this article you will have a clearer idea of which to bet on. Now it’s up to you to choose the one that best suits your needs!