The SEO positioning is essential, which is why there are more and more specialized tools like Bing Webmaster Tools. The idea is that this tool can help you be in the best places of search engines to increase your relevance.
Being well positioned on the Internet is a job that requires dedication and, above all, a good strategy. This process allows you improve the visibility of your website in the organic results of different search engines. What you want to achieve through SEO is that your site can increase its popularity.
For this reason, it is important that you adapt to the requirements of different search engines. And since it is sometimes complicated, it’s good to have a good ally. So, in order to be able to use Bing Webmaster Tools, you need to know it in depth.
What is Bing Webmaster Tools?
Bing Webmaster Tools is a free service from Microsoft with which webmasters can add their sites to the Bing Crawler. In this way, the possibility that sites appear in the search engine increases. If you think its function is similar to that of Google Analytics, then you are right.
This is an enterprise level tool that gives easy access to the recorded data even if you enter multiple users for analysis. It also provides real-time data, visitor information (demographics), clicks analysis and visitor behavior. All this lets you know which content offers the best performance.
As for the registration process in Bing Webmaster Tools, it is very simple to do. All you need to do is sign up with a Microsoft account. After that, you will need to add the url of your website. It doesn’t matter if you are a site owner, administrator, vendor, or developer, either way you will benefit.
Find out what you can do with this tool
This service offered by the Bing search engine allows you to carry out many actions of interest to your brand. Mastering them is essential before making the decision to start working with this tool. The following list lists its most notable virtues:
- It gives you the opportunity to monitor the overall health of your website and you can see how your customers are finding your site.
- You can use tools and reports to find the keywords that generate traffic. Plus, from the impressions and clicks of those keywords, it gives you the chance to find websites with links to you.
- Monitor your site’s performance and see which keywords you’re ranking for.
- See how Bing crawls and indexes your site.
- Submit your website and new pages to crawl.
- Remove any content that you don’t want to index.
- You have the option to refuse links that do not generate interest.
- Inspect and resolve potential malware or software issues spam.
Find out how to configure Bing Webmaster Tools
If you want to start using Bing Webmaster Tools, knowing how to set it up is essential. Once you do this, you will be able to start enjoying all the web positioning features and options that this service offers you. The steps to follow are as follows:
The first thing to do is to create a Bing Webmaster Tools account. Therefore, you need to go to its official page and click on “Register”. Once you do this, you will be prompted to create a Bing WMT account through an existing account.
This required account can be Microsoft, Google, or Facebook. At this point, you will see an empty control panel where you need to add your website to Bing.
B.- Send the URL to Bing
To continue the process, you need to add your site URL in the box. Then you need to tap on the option ” Add “. This will make it easy for the search engine to recognize your site.
Subsequently, the Bing site will direct you to a page where you can add more information about your website. Ideally, fill in as many fields as possible to provide detailed information.
C.- Send the sitemap to Bing
One of the most important parts to include is your XML sitemap. You just have to look for the plan of the site and paste the URL in the boxes where it is requested.
When you have added the requested information, you can leave the other options as they are, scroll down and click “Record”. With this, you can start by checking your account and information in this popular search engine.
Check Out The 3 Ways To Verify Your Website In Bing WMT
Once you’ve signed up for Bing WMT, the next step is to verify your website. To do this, before entering anything, it is important that you know the three types of checks that this tool has:
- XML file: as in the Google version, you will need to download the BingSiteAuth.xml file. This contains an identifier to verify your website. Then you need to download it to the root folder of your server and click on the button “Check” which appears at the bottom of the page. This way you can verify your website.
- HTML tag or Meta tag: this is another option by which you can verify your page via a meta tag. You just need to copy the code that appears on the Bing website and paste it into the section of your website.
- CNAME record: the third verification alternative follows the same process as in Google. When you have already added the CNAME record in your domain configuration, all you have to do is click on the button “Check” at the bottom of the page.
Using Bing Webmaster Tools
Now that you know more about the tool and how you can set it up and verify it, it is time for you to learn how to use it properly. This section describes the main features that will be of great help to you:
1.- Indexation Bing
One of the functions provided by this service is the possibility of sending your URL to Bing for faster crawling and indexing.
The process is relatively straightforward. First of all you need to go into “Configure my site”. In this section, a menu will appear in which you must select the option “Send URLs”. Then you just need to paste your urls, press ” to send “ and the process will be completed. With these simple steps, Bing will take care of indexing the pages that interest you.
You can also access the Bing WMT control panel to configure your site, submit URLs, block URLs, manage users and much more.
2.- Reports and data
This tool also provides you with reports and data i.e. a summary of all website activity on Bing. When you select the dates you want to analyze, a graph that reflects the trend during that time period is displayed. You can also find more information:
- Page traffic: Displays the top URLs for your site that appear in Bing search results. In addition to your positions, clicks and click-through rate. If you click “Show”, you will see the keywords for each URL and you can export the data.
- Index explorer: you can see the pages crawled by Bing. It also gives you data like number of URLs discovered, how many show up in search, number of clicks and inbound links.
- Search for keywords: here you can see the organic keywords you are getting impressions and clicks from. You will also see the performance of your site in terms of CTR.
- Rapports SEO: You’ll find tips to make sure your site follows SEO best practices. You just need to tap on a suggestion to see the detailed explanation of the error and even a recommendation to fix it. This report runs automatically every two weeks and scans any verified website on your account.
- Inbound links: this shows all of the inbound links that Bing has found pointing to your site. This helps you see if there are any places you have gained or lost links over time..
- Tracking Info: This gives you an overview of all the tracking errors on your site. Here you will have the opportunity to see various things like errors encountered while visiting a page as well as all items blocked by robots.txt and all URLs infected with malware.
Ready to use this tool?
Now that you know all about Bing Webmaster Tools, you have no more excuses. You can now use this tool to better position yourself in this search engine. If you do it really well, what you’ve learned can even be used to apply it on Google. Just register and verify your website to get started.
Once this is done, you can start analyzing your site with the reports and data provided by the service. But if you need more help, at Antevenio, we offer you our service the branding SEO. With it, you can improve your positioning organically through effective strategies.
The post Bing Webmaster Tools: discover Microsoft’s SEO tool appeared first on Antevenio.