The SaaS software distribution model is becoming unstoppable and is confirmed as one of the cloud branches with the most potential. If you are in this industry and are having trouble positioning your brand, know that inboundization is one of the most effective strategies to get. It can help software as a service (SaaS) companies to boost your sales and acquire customers fast enough to cover your investment.
You might not have heard of this set of techniques yet, or you might not be so clear about inbound marketing (to take the guesswork out of it I recommend you read This article). But whatever, because in the following lines I will help you find the answers to all your questions and together we will discover the strategies that best suit your business.
What is inboundization?
His name is inboundización to the set of combined marketing techniques, inspired by inbound marketing, which aim to leverage a company’s existing assets to achieve short-term or immediate results.
The key points of inbounding are:
- Self-analysis: for identify resources, connections and assets that can serve this purpose.
- Focus on the short term: despite being a strategy that has its roots in inbound marketing, using this type of technique it is sought after meet immediate objectives.
How to start inboundization?
There is no general rule applicable to all companies that want experience the potential of inboundization. The reason is that everyone has different strengths, and this also leads them to different opportunities, which they must know how to see and exploit.
However, SaaS companies often share similar characteristics. I relied on them to summarize 5 strategies this will give good results. Take note!
Do you like what you read? Subscribe to the blog!
5 inboundary ideas to boost your SaaS business sales
1. Offer educational content: position yourself as an expert
One of the main ways to get your buyer to find you and come to your website is to provide them with valuable content, on topics that interest them. There are several options for putting this idea into practice:
- Articles in a blog
HubSpot Blog, position yourself as an expert in marketing and sales.
2. Make use of your online events: your inbound events
If you can achieve them, events, fairs, online sessions, webinars or training are a great opportunity to attract, nurture and advance your buyer persona towards purchasing your software. . Some of the actions you can take are, for example:
- Design an attractive email invitation to the event.
- Create landing pages to download exclusive content for attendees.
- Take care of post-event nutrition focused on the associated pain, to give your contacts more information on a specific topic.
- Create a demo request template to offer, before, during and after the event.
Inbound Marketing webinar offered by InboundCycle as a download
3. Offer free trials and simulations: your inbound product demos
Most SaaS companies have a free demo of their software. A key point in terms of inboundization is to offer them for download. In this way, it is very easy for you to collect the data of the interested contact. in the product and be able to process it at the sales level. It is important that the offer is available in places that the buyer can reach. One of them can be the blog where the content is shared as experts on the topic, as we see in Legaltech Lemontech Blog.
4. Maximize the use of the database: now think about how to approach your inboundization
The goal is to take advantage of the database available to the company to reactivate it. In your hand, a powerful tool: email marketing strategies. These should be oriented, not only in the business plan, but in offering valuable free content that helps your contacts move forward through the buying process. This is a necessary point to solve your problems. Keeping in mind that the key lies in personalization, some ways to achieve this are:
- Free simulations or demos
- Ebooks or content guides
5. Tailor the website to the buyer’s personality: inbounding your product’s website
It is possible that your buyer persona comes to your website looking for a specific product, but not really ready to request sales information because they are not yet in the buying process. These are users who are not so far along in their journey, which does not mean that they consider themselves printeresting aspects for your SaaS business. Inbounding helps you extract its value, but you should keep in mind that:
- We should offer top of the funnel content (in this post you will see the different types of content that you can offer depending on the position of prospects in the sales funnel).
- It is necessary to use a form, focused on providing valuable and educational content on possible user issues.
- Once the download is complete, the process continues. Your mission is to capture their record and then maintain it or even guide you to a more educational blog post.
As you can see there are many inbound actions that you can apply to your marketing strategy as a SaaS company. All of them separately can help you increase your sales. Combined, the effect will be even better.
When you decide to inbound, you will notice that while your business results improve (with which you are achieving your primary goal), your brand improves its positioning and gains authority in the market. Can you tell us about your experience?