Hours and hours of work and maybe you can’t get the expected traffic and by not bringing these users to your website, you are not getting the estimated sales.
That is why it is important, not only to design a great website with great design and great features, but it is also important to have a working SEO and content marketing.
Things needed to start a blog on Shopify
We remember it for create a blog on Shopify professional these three things must be:
- Create and publish great content
- Be constant and punctual
- Promote it in the right media
Create a blog And updating it with regular posts does three things. First, it allows search engines like Google know that your site is active and up to date. Second, it gives you the option to use that same content for your social networks. And third, it allows you to stay in touch with your customers, knowing their tastes and interests.
Blogging with Shopify: Step by Step
For most ecommerce blogs, Shopify’s functionality will be more than enough to achieve what we need. Shopify covers blog basics like: insert images and videos, a beautiful visual editor, SEO Assistant, ability to schedule future articles, comments and tags. It’s not as powerful as dedicated blogging systems like WordPress, but in some cases you might not need to complicate the job so much or use such complex features.
Before you can publish anything, you need to configure in Shopifiy how you want to create your blog. Start by going to “Admin> Online store> Blog entries“. This will take you directly to the blog module where you can configure your options. Click on “Manage blogs“To create your first blog. In the future, you will also be able to create more blogs. Give your blog a name, then add it to your site’s navigation menu.
The style of your blog will depend on the design of your digital business, but it can be changed with Liquid code.
How to manage comments on the Shopify blog
After that you will have to choose how to handle the comments that users can leave you, there are 3 default ways:
- Disable comments: This can make it more difficult for users to value your post, by not conveying the confidence to be able to ask, or put their opinion, on the bright side is that it won’t make you invest time in the comments.
- Comments in moderation: You have full control over the comments and what they say, but it can take a long time depending on the number of users on the web.
- Comments posted automatically: It’s good when our user community is active and our posts generate interest or debate, but negative or inappropriate comments can jeopardize all the work we do. You should check the comments daily to make sure they are correct
From there, our recommendation would be to comment in moderation as a first step and to check the comments once or twice a week, we will have them checked and users can put their doubts in the post.
Technically with that we would already have our blog created but there is much more to do that we will explain why create a perfect Shopify blog.
Schedule content on the Shopify blog
With the blog on Shopify, you can schedule content that you want to publish so that it can be downloaded on the day of your choice at a time that is most convenient for you. It is not necessary to be with the computer at this time to have a new article on your blog.
Scheduling all the posts for the month can save you time and have a better organization knowing what content will appear each day.
can also display an excerpt from the text in order to capture the attention of users who are on the web and therefore read the message.
he can create labels To differentiate the different types of content that we publish and make it much easier for the user to search for topics that concern them, it is also useful for us to categorize each publication and thus know what we are talking about.
We can integrate our blogs social media buttons So they can share our content or just find us on another social network, in many Shopify themes they are included, but if they weren’t there is a simple solution.
If your Shopify does not have the function of social media buttons, in the app store you can do whatever you need, some are paid and some are free. I personally recommend using Social feed O Twitter feed, are the most useful.
Invite customers to subscribe
Shopify itself creates an RSS feed when you publish a blog post so that customers can register and receive an email when you post something new. The feed URL is the URL of the blog page with .atom at the end in the appendix. An example would be:
Customers can also subscribe to the blog along with other apps.
Increase the reach of your SEO
We need the engines of search like google find us easily and that you find our topics interesting to attract more traffic to our website. Shopify gives us a SEO management of our blog in a very simple way to be able to control the parameters necessary to improve web positioning, in addition to having a very interesting SEO assistant similar to the famous Yoast in WordPress.
With that, you would already have everything available on Shopify but you have already created a blog with another CMS and you prefer to integrate it into your online store. This is another pretty interesting possibility, but there are a few important things to keep in mind.
- The impact on the SEO of your website: Putting the blog from another platform would create a subdomain within Shopify and not as a subdirectory which does not work well for SEO positioning i.e. the work we do to position the blog will not generate good positioning on the web . Obviously users can go from blog to web and transform purchases, but it would be necessary to work on a double referencing.
- Double effort: When working with an external manager the blog and web themes may be different creating confusion among clients as they are not normally available on both sites, we will need to have a custom theme and use programming so that the design and feel of the blog and the web are as similar as possible.
- Possible usability issues: Maybe when you are browsing Shopify and you already have a few products in the cart, you decide to go to the blog and read something about the product or any information that interests you, because in this process you can lose the cart, so we lose a more than potential customer, that has a solution but it is a rather complex and advanced programming.
If you already have a blog on another platform, there is no problem, you can migrate your entire blog from one website to another, and thus improve the SEO of your e-commerce when creating a blog in Shopify, it there are different apps to do this, but I personally recommend BlogFeeder to perform the migration.
In some cases, Shopify might not be the most powerful option to start and maintain a blog, but if you already have an online store with this amazing tool, you will only have benefits to implement. your blog with him.
Now that you have a brief intro on how to blog with Shopify, you can create your blog yourself, if you have any questions you can write a comment or send an email and we’ll be happy to get back to you. Tell us about your idea of creating an e-commerce and we will help you in a personalized way.