What is Google Duo. Learn about the functionalities of the successful application during incarceration
video calls dominate both today and much of our daily time due to various quarantines and minor confinements. for the coronavirus. Since we cannot leave the house or do it in total freedom, we make video calls to our loved ones or to work. Now with Google Duo you can make video calls with up to 32 people without having to download the application. It works with a link created from the video call and this allows us to participate.
What is Google Duo?
Google Duo is the voice and video calling application from Google similar to other applications such as Apple & # 39; s FaceTime, WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, that have gained popularity since the start of the coronavirus incarceration.
The main feature of this app is its simplicity . Tries to make video calls without complications and in a way that is easy for any user to understand. It is a very simple interface where we find two options: call a recent contact or start a video call with another user. Regarding the settings we found some possibilities: limiting the use of mobile data and being able to cancel the number the app works with .  To make video calls, you just need the phone number no need to record the email. You have the option to access your contact list and see who installed the app and invite those who don’t have the app. There is also the option to register with Gmail or via a Google Voice number. If the user wants to use Duo on different devices, he must have a Google account to activate it.
New Features of Google Duo
Among the improvements announced by Google, we find, for example, a new interactive whiteboard that we can use during conversations. Ideal for sending messages, presenting games or explaining concepts.
Unique Features of Google Duo
Like all applications, they have unique features and Google Duo couldn’t be more different. We explain them:
- Automatic Video Quality Enhancement: One of the main features of Google Duo is that it automatically improves the image quality of calls. The app controls the lighting and automatically adjusts the video brightness in low light. While this setting is very interesting and very practical, you can deactivate it if you don’t want it.
- Change Dynamic View: Also allows you to change the camera views so that the user can show the front camera or what’s in front of it.
- Auto Framing: Allows the user to stay in the center of the video with Auto Framing. When this function is activated, the user always stays in the center as the camera automatically moves to maintain focus.
- Portrait Mode: Portrait mode blurs the background, making the user stand out.
- ] Knock Knock: When there is a call through the application, you can see yourself live while waiting for the call. This functionality is only available if the called person is in the mobile contacts.
- Move Image: During a call, the user’s face is displayed in a small box at the bottom of the screen. screen. This square can be moved by clicking on it for a few seconds. Touch the image once to make the user’s face fill the entire screen.
What did you think of this article about what is Duo and its new features? Comment and share!