If you want to know what your subscribers and customers think of your content, products or services, a good way is to conduct surveys. And that’s why, today I’m talking about Google Form, a tool to create Google Forms.
Google Forms is a very valuable platform for businesses and entrepreneurs that you need to know about. Find out how to access Google Docs and how to use them.
What is Google Forms?
Google Forms is a free tool from Google to create forms, surveys or collect information from our audience in a simple and fast way.
What are Google Forms used for?
In other words, collect different kinds of information in a simple and efficient way which is very useful for any project.
How Google Forms is used in a nutshell
There are several easy ways to create google forms, which I’ll tell you below, but in summary, they can be done in 3 steps:
These are the 3 main steps and in summary form to create Google Forms.
We will now see how to create a step explained by Google form.
How to Create a Google Form or Google Document in 7 Steps
First of all, you need to have a Google account to be able to access all Google tools. If you want to see how to create a Gmail account, see here.
If you don’t have a Google account yet and want to create one, Click here.
When you have your Google Account, you can now create your Google Forms. For this you must:
1- Create a new form in Google Forms
There are three ways to create this document:
A- From Google Forms
Enter https://docs.google.com/forms/ and click create a new form. You can choose a blank form or one of the templates offered by the tool.
B- From Google Sheets
Enter leaves.google.com then open a new document “in white“to start working.
C- From Google Drive
And another way to create a new Google document is to use your Google Drive account. You can enter from your Gmail account, then go to “Google apps“(1 in the image below) then click”Drive»(2 in the image) and the Drive application opens.
Then you just have to click on “NEW” and in “Google Forms“, Then select” Blank Form “or” From Template “, as I show you in the image below.
2. Select the questions that we will add to our Google forms
With the document open, complete the fields on your form. You must put the title of the form, a description and write the questions.
You have different options depending on the type of response. To see it, go to the drop-down list on the right (and which I show you in the image above). Each question is fully customizable and we have different options depending on the type of answer.
To open the options, click “Several options” and a bar like the one you see in the image above is removed with different options:
3. Add images or videos to the Google form questions
Google Forms don’t have to be just a series of chained questions. You can add images and videos to make it more dynamic.
To add images or videos, you just need to go to the document sidebar (as you can see in the image above) and click on the type of document you want to upload.
- You can download images from your computer, from a URL, or from Google images.
- And the videos can be downloaded from YouTube by searching or from a URL.
4. Add sections and titles to your survey
If you create a Google Form with multiple questions, you can give it a structure that makes it easier for the user to navigate through “Add sections”.
To do this, click on the symbol as in the following image.
Ideally, if your Google Form is complete, divide it into several sections with titles and explanatory descriptions to help the user better understand the quiz.
5. Personalize your Google form
And to finish creating our Google form, we can customize the form. For this we have to go to painting symbol (customize the theme) as you see in the image below, click and a new tab will open with several options.
We can customize:
- On your mind: select a section between different subjects or download an image from our computer. It can be a good option to add an image of our brand and our company.
- Theme color: we have the possibility to choose between several colors.
- Background color: which best suits the form and the header.
- Font style: with different fonts (ideally you choose one that is readable).
6. Adjust the preview of the document and Google Form
Next to the button to customize the theme (top right) you have the icons of:
- Overview: to see what your Google form looks like (very useful).
- Setting: in this section you have 3 windows:
- General– to define if you want to collect e-mail addresses, schedule a return receipt, limit the response by person or allow the respondent to modify after sending.
- Presentation– To activate a progress bar, set the order of the questions to appear randomly or view the link to submit another answer.
- Questionnaires– To assign scores to questions and activate automatic evaluation.
7. Send the Google form to users
Finally, when the form is ready and revised, all that remains is to send it to the users whose responses you wish to receive. To do this, click on the “Submit“.
Several shipping options will open:
- E-mail: fill in the requested information and attach the form.
- Link: you just need to copy the link and you have the option to shorten the URL to make the link shorter and more user-friendly.
- Insert HTML: we can insert the HTML code on our website to give access to the form.
- Social networks: we can also share the form via social networks such as Facebook or Twitter.
You can use one or more methods to submit the Google Form.
Then you just have to wait and collect all user responses.
How do I see the results of Google Forms?
And you will see all responses from users who have responded to your form.
And now I leave you some interesting questions and answers that I found on Google questionnaires.
How many people can respond to a Google form?
There is no limit of people to respond to a Google form. Unlimited.
Is it necessary to have a Google account to respond to Google forms?
No. Anyone can respond to Google Forms.
Example of a Google form created for a course
And to finish the article, I leave you an example of a Google form that I created for a personal branding course, so that you can see an example of its use.
If you would like to share this post with your community on Pinterest, this is the post cover to pin from here to your Pinterest profile.
Hope this guide on Google Forms, help you to know and better manage this tool for creating Google forms, and that the steps of how to create a google form it encourages you to create polls and quizzes to better understand the needs of your audience.
I think it’s a very powerful tool for personal brand and businesses to get and analyze target audience data.
Did you know Google Forms? Have you created Google Forms for your brand? And the results?
I await your comments below. And if you liked the post, feel free to share it on your social networks so that it can be useful to other people.